The heightened media attention into health and safety matters within the construction industry and the subsequent legal cases has resulted in the issue being given a higher profile in recent years. Organisations are coming to terms with the responsibilities they have towards their employees and the possibility of litigation in the event that these responsibilities are not met.
Apart from the legal implications, the costs involved in dealing with accidents in the workplace can have both an impact on productivity and also the morale of the workforce. Although some costs can be covered under an insurance policy, many costs cannot be recovered but should be taken into consideration. Such hidden costs may include:
- Sick pay, overtime payments, temporary replacement labour, re-training.
- Negative effect of worker morale.
- Management time taken to deal with accidents.
- Increased insurance premiums and reduced level of cover.
- Adverse publicity.
MPW Risk Solutions can establish and implement Health and Safety systems most appropriate to your needs and we are able to offer practical and realistic advice using well founded techniques such as:
- Health and Safety Surveys
- Loss Analysis
- Specific Risk Analysis and Assessment
- The creation of bespoke Policies and Documentation
- Health & Safety Plans
- Method Statements & Risk Assessments